Re: [RC] Ladies Only - Mary Ann Spencer

You won't miss those 'parts'.  HOWEVER, do NOT do any lifting until your doc says you can.   Lifting is something you need to postpone as long as possible.  Also, it doens't reduce your 'interest' in extra activities..... However, if you want to email me privately will give you some cautions.... mas
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 7:03 PM
Subject: [RC] Ladies Only

In a message dated 6/20/2005 1:16:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, mmieske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I would love to hear from others also who have had hysterectomies...
Hi... I think everyone is different, but for me it was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I told the doctor that when he finally got that damn thing out, to please throw it against the wall and stomp on it a few times before tossing it away.

I will say, I felt like a truck hit me, but it had adhered to my bladder (from prior c-sections I guess) and tore a hole in my bladder that had to be repaired.

They say for a couple of weeks, don't push a vacuum or lift heavy things, and I will tell you, I did vacuum because I had visitors coming and later I had wished I didn't do it. I got worn out quickly. The way I felt, I did not really care to ride a horse, haha. But after about 6 weeks, I felt good enough to ride and did.

Your body will tell you when to start back to your regular routine.