[RC] OT - Women only - Suzanne Ticer

I had a hysterectomy several years ago, it was the best thing I ever did.   I did not have a vaginal, I had a regular "bikini cut".  I was tieing wire fence after the first week, back at a desk job 1/2 time after the second week, full time after three weeks and riding slowly after a month. I did limit how much I was lifting initially so I did not tear anything.

I recommend that you do what ever you feel comfortable doing.  Some women need more rest, some less.  Do let your doctor that you ride horses and all that entails.  My doctor said that I was one of the best recoveries she had ever seen.  I think alot of it is your own mind set.  As an endurance rider this should be a piece of cake, easier than doing a 100 miler I would think.

Good luck.

Suzy Ticer
Johnson City, Texas

Yahoo! Sports