Re: [RC] chemicals/fleas - MtnRondi

In a message dated 6/17/2005 9:21:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Did you know that fleas don't tolerate higher altitudes?
I live at 7,000 ft elevation and we don't have fleas (but we didn't move up here with fleas on the dogs). But the vet sells a lot of flea products, so I guess there are fleas here. I assume people move up here with the fleas on the pets, then the fleas live in the house.

I know there are fleas on the ground squirrels up here because one camp ground was closed when Bubonic Plague was found in some squirrels and they get it from the fleas.