Re: [RC] Big Horn vs. Tevis - DVeritas

In a message dated 6/16/2005 10:24:44 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, OTTOWY@xxxxxxx writes:
"I have ridden the Tevis, the Tevis is NOTHING compared to the Big Horn 100"

Want a real ride, ride the Big Horn 100!
Hi Pattie,
     I love riding the Big Horn 100 and feel that anyone who wants to ride a "primitive" trail, point to point, should experience it.
     However, statements like the one you quoted in which it is said that "....Tevis is NOTHING compared to the Big Horn 100" border on the ridiculous.   For me, Tevis seemed as if everything has to come together in order to succeed, where the Big Horn "experience" might just be a bit more laid back, and, consequently, the experience might just be a bit more "forgivable" of a minor mistake here and there.
     The physicality of each are similar.  Each trail are remarkable in beauty, scope and what can be found in the quiet moments between the "hoopla".
     If my horse could type, I believe he'd tell you (as Kim said about OD/Tevis) it's like comparing "apples and oranges".
     For some reason, though, BH100 seems more "doable" in my experience.
     Maybe because it doesn't take me three days of hauling my horse to get to.
     I hope the BH100 has a stellar year this year and that Tom Van Gelder has a great 80th birthday.
     ~Frank Solano