[RC] A little OT - How much do halter show trainers charge? - Maryanne Gabbani

I have a young neighbour, Morad, for those of you who know my people, who is really talented with horses. He is currently being trained in halter showing by Mme. Wigdan el Barbare, who is a serious international judge and an amazing breeder of Egyptian Arabians because as a 28 yr old Egyptian male there is absolutely no chance of him ever getting a visa to travel to the US or Europe. Dany lives down the road from us (eat your hearts out! LOL) where she breeds some of the most stunning and athletic horses I've ever seen and at 80+ yrs old, working with her is like going to grad school.

Anyway, Morad is trying to establish a working arrangement with one of the other local studs to have horses be sent there for a month or so for training for the shows and he needs to have some idea of how much a trainer takes for this kind of training. They don't have proper trainers here for anything, and many of the breeders have been bringing in handlers from Europe for the shows, but the fact remains that no one here is training the horses for the shows prior to showing. The owner of the stud here asked him about how much he would need to be charging for about a month's training on site.

Some of you folks have horses that have been trained somewhere surely, or at least know someone who does. We would really appreciate it if you can help out with some idea of prices. The people who would be using this service are the sort of people who can pay similar to US prices...and they already do for the show handlers that they ship in.

Thanks,
Maryanne
Cairo