[RC] 20 yr. old High Vet mare at OD100 - LRN8554

Yes, Angie, that was my sister's horse, Comet.  Her daughter, Christi, was riding her.  It was Christi's first endurance ride.  Christi's sister, Holly, rode with her and they finished together, 6th and 7th.  26 starters and only 10 finished.  My nieces told me the vets complemented the horses at every vet check and told them they needed to push a little harder, that their horses were in great shape.  I guess all our southern heat and humidity paid off up there. My sister, Sherry, crewed (a first for her) and kept a watchful eye on Comet. They went thru 200 lb. of ice Saturday, and the girls said they completely sponged off their horses at every creek.  Comet was an unbroken broodmare at age 14 when we drug her out of the pasture and started running the mountains of east Tennessee on her.  At her first couple of LD's, my sister would literally beg Holly and I to slow down and we'd get so mad at her for whining we'd tell her to just get off her horse and tie it to a tree and wait for another rider and then follow them in.  Of course she never did, she'd just whine all the way and then trot right into the vet check, pulse down immediately and win, she also got a few BC's.  Holly rides Comet's son, Jamag, and there is no way Comet is going to be left behind and let a male get the glory.  Linda Norton