[RC] sore back from trailer?? - Karla Watson

My 6 yr old gelding vets in a rides with some soreness in his back on a couple of occasions. Then he gets all As after that on back throughout the ride and afterward. No back soreness even the next day. I have him in a 3 horse slant that has plenty of room but he is in the middle divider that is padded on sides. I know this discussion came up a few years ago, but I cannot remember the recommendations. I won't sell my trailer for a straight load, but any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate. Also, I vet him in about 1-3 hours after travelling approx 2-4 hrs, then go for a ride later on the friday before the ride on saturday. Should I ride him first to loosen him up? I've had the chiro done on this horse recently. It isn't a saddle problem. Ride him in a BM with an equipedic with no problems. He does dressage 2x month along with his regular conditioning. He does get light work (1-2x walking rides) the week before a ride with . He is a fairly larger boned, bigger muscled arab. Will he just work himself out of this over time when he gets more used to travelling more? He is in his 2nd season and doing 50s.
------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon