[RC] Synergist & SR Enduro & Treeless saddle questions - T. Rashid

OK, so my question to Ridecamp about the Enduro has only gotten me two responses so far (both positive).  I see many more responses on the Synergist – all positive.  (Or at least all positive that I remember.)

So my impression would be that more people (on Ridecamp at least) ride in Synergist than in SR Enduro.  The question I would have about the Synergist is about the rigging.  The pictures I’ve seen show it coming off the saddle at a fixed angle.  Looks like a good angle, but then again there’s no way to change it.  My current saddle has “drop rigging” which gives me two separate straps coming up from the cinch strap, allowing me to change the angle a bit myself.  That seems nice if you go a lot of miles and just want to be able to change how the girth is sitting over time.  I saw someone else do it to ease a bit of girth soreness that was developing.

On the flip side, those buckles do add bulk…

Comments?

A question I have on treeless saddles:  I spend the vast majority of my rides standing in the stirrups.  (Except when I am out on long slow conditioning rides.)  Even at the trot I often do not post, but stay out of the saddle.  I do let my knees, ankles and hips flex with the stride, but it still means that my weight is carried on the stirrups, NOT on the seat of the saddle.  I have been not looking at the treeless because I don’t see how a treeless could spread the weight from the stirrup leather support point as effectively over a larger surface area unless a fairly rigid material was used.  If that’s not right, could someone please tell me how the weight from the stirrups is spread without a tree or a semi-rigid material?  (To me, something semi-rigid seems like the best of both worlds, but I am not a saddle designer.  Just an engineer-type by training.)

And if others agree that it does not spread the weight, then please feel free to chime in as well – so I know how many people feel each way.

Thanks all!

.Terri

Redmond, WA