Re: [RC] Shameless plugs on Ridecamp :) - Lynne Glazer

And "what Angie said" about rider eq and its effect on the horse, especially the part about having yourself videoed (is that a word?) to become aware of your patterns. I've noticed that poor equitation in a flex panel saddle can especially affect the horse, absolutely negating its value.

Congrats to you, Kim, and Fox. And to the TR crew! I guess another shameless plug could be that the Californios BC horse was Carolyn Hock/Sando in their ReactorPanel saddle, hehehe, which they also used in Dubai. And to good flex-panel saddles in general, winner Heather was probably in her Free 'n' Easy (didn't notice.)

Lynne
when tired, I hike the left shoulder, rolling it forward slightly to ease old neck issues, collapsing rib cage to the right...and all the time my right hip is tighter than the left, resulting in a complete difference in how my legs each lie along the horse's side. On the bright side, I have excellent ankle flexibility from years of unicycling, and don't get legsore unless forgetting to stretch before the start!

P.S. Raven, besides the archives of ridecamp, there are reams of opinions about RP saddles at http://www.ultimatedressage.com in their "tack barn" forum. Dressage riders are analytical as heck, and though they don't go as far, have a lot to offer about English saddles. RPs are favored by 100 mile riders including several from the national teams of the US, UK and Canada.