Re: [RC] ridecamp - Karla Watson

Please, if you haven't done so already, attend an endurance ride and you will see that the people are truly nice and not the way some people are on ridecamp. There are a few people on this list who love to stir the pot and trash each other but that generally does not happen at endurance rides. The people are so nice and friendly and generous. Last year my friend and I were at a ride (Oregon Dunes) and asked at the ride meeting if anyone had a horse that need someone to ride it the next day. My friend's horse was lame and she came to the ride horseless. We not only got a horse lended to us with the owner taking our word that she was a good rider, but got tack loaned and other equipment/apparel so she could ride the next day! This is typical of endurance folk. They will bend over backwards to welcome you, loan you tack if you need it and offer you a cold beer. There are some exceptions, like anywhere on this planet, but for the most part, endurance people are the kindest people alive. There are just some people on this list who need to learn to be nice and go riding instead of sitting there trashing new people. Go to an endurance ride and you will see. Good luck to you!
--------Karla Watson/Oregon

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: [RC] ridecamp

I'm going to get slammed for this and don't really care at this point.

Has anyone ever heard here, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL???????

I signed onto this site give or take a year ago.  I was really excited about wanting to get into endurance.  I've read some really good advice, heard about a lot of wonderful trips, great truck/trailer info, wonderful vet information.  But this can be the most cut throat place that I've seen in my life!   It hasn't taken me to long to decide maybe this isn't for me.  If you can get "hanged" on here, I would hate to be at a ride in front of some of you.  I have went into "lurking" as a lot of people have.  I think it's ridiculous that in a question posed on this site it can get twisted, contorted, and turned so many ways, and the question not even be answered.

I don't know her, don't own a saddle from her, never ordered from her site, but there is plenty of braggers on here, and if she want's to brag about a saddle so be it. I don't think there was anything wrong with her post on the saddle.  Sorry I've just had to state that.....

Lori
(who will get slaughtered by "ridecamp police")