Re: [RC] Synergist Saddles - Stacy Sadar

Erika,

I have a Synergist and LOVE IT!!!  I bought it about 9 years ago fit for myself and my horse.  I just recently had it refitted because the horse has changed over the last 9 years or so and I was also trying to fit it to my new horse.  With the measurements you make and the use of the Equimeasure mold, you can't go wrong with fitting it correctly to the horse.  And besides a refit is very inexpensive to insure your horse is happy.

I have the western endurance style with no horn it had the smooth leather.  A few years ago I had double cusion suede seat put on it.  If I ordered another I would not do that again.  The seam where the suede comes to the leather took some time to break down before it stopped "bothering" me.  I would stick to the full smooth leather seat on a new one....if I could afford another one...and just ride with a suede seat on my pants if needed.  I rode for years with just jeans and stayed on fine.  My friends all felt the leather was too slick for them.   I really haven't found another seat out there that is so comfortable for me too.  I had to ride in my other saddle while my Synergist was being refitted...OUCH!  I was so spoiled with the comfort of the Synergist that I had sore spots everywhere...and I mean everywhere from the other saddle.

If I had my way...I'd own a Synergist for every day of the week!  I also have to tell you that this saddle looks brand new for being 9 years old.  They really hold up.  I have 1000's of miles in it and it truly looks almost as good as the day I got it.

Just my 2 cents.
Stacy

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Erika eekitserika@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Ridecampers!

I wish to ask an open question about this company "Synergist Saddles". I have been studying about and researching saddles and saddle fitting for quite some time now and have come across this custom saddle company.

Have any of you heard of them? If you have and have been able to ride in or buy saddles from them, what have been your experiences? My biggest concern is obviously my horse. And the more I learn about saddles, the more I agree with the panel system, as long as it is done correctly. These saddles do not have panels, but the trees are designed for the "moving horse" so to speak.

I think I am most interested in their dressage style, being as that is my discipline of choice. I also do a lot of trail riding as well. If there are those out there who have chosen one style over another, I would love to know how that particular style worked for them.

Any and all suggestions, good or negative, are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
Erika