[RC] Easywalker (horse shoe) questions - T. Rashid

I just received my informational DVD that I requested from Easywalker about their horse shoes.  As an ex-distance runner, I know how important having the proper runner shoe is to me.  In concept, the idea of using something a bit more “responsive” than steel appealed to me for my horse, but it’s always hard to know if it’s going to work in practice.

I liked the videos and I still think it sounds like a good idea.  The video mentioned that the shoe has different traction characteristics than steel (obvious when you think about it) but that got me to wondering just how hard it would be on the horse during the first shoeing cycle where you change from steel to the easywalker.  If it ends up giving them more traction, would that difference be pronounced enough to cause them any tendon soreness?

How would you go about their conditioning program right after the shoeing change?

Also – the materials emphasize the importance of the farrier understanding how to correctly apply the shoe.  If any of you have used the shoe, can you comment on how hard it was to find a farrier that would do it, and how long they felt it took them to become proficient at it?

Thanks!

.Terri

Redmond, WA