Re: [RC] [RC] Ouch! So that's what a pull at the finish feels like! - Karen Sullivan

----- Original Message -----
From: oddfarm

What is going to happen if you get to a ride and decide not to even do it? Trainer Wendy and I went to LBL recently. I signed up for the 50, changed down to the 25 because of the weather and ended up not getting up in time for the start.

*Some years ago I was bit by the endurance bug, had done a few 50;s, had my mare very fit and signed up for the Gold Country 50.  Got to camp, set up,and all afternoon felt a fever and bad cold coming on.......just felt awful.
Next morning, changed down to LD ride.....started out with ton of Kleenex, got rained on all morning. First vet ceck was so wet and cold my hands did not work, and I could not work snaps on add-on bridle.  Finished ride totally soaked, and SO VERY GLAD I was not on the 50!!! Yes, totally pays to be flexible!!!!!
Karen