Re: [RC] Ouch! So that's what a pull at the finish feels like! - Susan, Princess of Pink

Bites, don't it?  Welcome to the club!

This past w/e I had to pull at the finish on the SECOND DAY!  We'd finished the first 50 well and were in contention for 1st place and standing for BC the second day.  About 7 miles from the finish, Topper went dead lame.  I got off and walked him in.  I soaked his legs at every creek crossing (COLD water) and he did indeed look better.  For the vets that saw him, that's saying a lot because he was lame at the trot out.

It's a character-building experience.  My main problem is MY whining..."They let that rider trot out a million times at another ride with a lame horse and gave her completion!"  Life ain't fair and sometimes it ain't fun.  I hope your horse is recovering as well as mine...if not better.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)