[RC] Rough trot - Magers, Cassandra \(Contractor\)

Title: Rough trot

I had to put my two cents in.
         I agree in not starting too early.  I have a baby I've raised so she has had ground work from literally day one.  As a yearling she was accepting pony saddles and bridles.  She was ground driving before she was two.  So I have to confess I haven't been able to resist doing some riding at not even 2 1/2 yet.  Our rides are only about 15-30 minutes and are simple walk, turn on the hind quarter, turn on the front and stop; and I try not to ride her more than 2-3 times a month.

        My plan is walking this year, we will do some light trotting next year and on the third year under saddle we will introduce some cantering.  If we start them right and don't over do it these horses can and do last until well into their 20's.