[RC] bloodwork - Susith

At an endurance ride this past Sunday, my gelding had a metabolic crash (stopping, stiffening in hindquarters, not eating or drinking) that required we be picked up by a trailer and transported back to base camp. The vets there could find nothing wrong other than low gut sounds which got better after he began to eat and drink a little. Is there any real value in getting bloodwork done to determine whether this incident was tying up or colic or something else? What can be learned, if anything, from doing this?

Thanks,
Susan