[RC] joint supplements - Marlene Moss

Title: Message
My vet has advised me to give joint supplements to a couple of my horses so I'm trying to figure out what makes the best financial sense - and would actually provide some benefit.

I have been giving Myristol (Cetyl Myristoleate) which is quite expensive and I don't know that I've seen any effect.  The only horse that I have to look for an improvement has only shown a marked improvement (huge!) with hock injections.  The others, I just want to help prevent any issues.

As my bucket of Myristol is running low, I got the SmartPak Equine Catalog and noticed Cetyl M, which is cheaper than the Myristol.  But I also saw several HA products (like HylaMotion, Hy-Flex)  and wonder if that makes more sense.  I also saw a product called Chondrogen EQ that seemed interesting and has a lesser amount of HA along with other ingredients.  Anyone have any sucessful experiences with any of these?

Also, what is a proper timeframe to with hold these types of products before a ride?
Thanks!
Marlene

Marlene Moss
www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com (saddle fit for the horse in motion)
Available for saddle fitting at Happy Jack endurance ride in WY
www.mphr.org (Mustang Performance Horse Registry)
www.mossrockranch.com (sale horses and more)
719-351-5037 (cell)
719-748-9073 (home)