[RC] hobbles - Dawn Simas

Did the Wild West Ride yesterday and there was a "no portable corrals" rule due to space.  I don't have hi-ties, so my boy did the night the "old school" way, tied on my trailer.  He sleeps laying down every night, so I felt badly for him not being able to do so.  I have friends that pack and do wilderness trips and my Dad's a cowboy and they always overnight horses with hobbles.  This may be a stupid question:  I was wondering if anyone has ever considered a single-leg hobble staked, on a horse that is trained to it?  At least he could lay down then...

Dawn