Re: [RC] Hard Guy-not the trail, ME! - DESERTRYDR1

My Hard Guy story is a bit different.  The trail wasn't tough, we didn't go
too fast.  But I haven't been riding much this year or last, due to injuries
(mine) and work on my new acreage, and trying to get my horse bred.  I have
felt
a bit of loss of confidence in my riding abilities.  The big spill in Feb.
last year broke my pelvis.  And then I bucked off my green mule and broke a
rib,
and it sure seems like I wasn't doing all that well staying in the middle of
a troublesome horse.

And I haven't had a horse to ride since Feb. this year when I broke my back
and sprained my knee in a work accident.  My girlfriend has been kind enough to
let me borrow her horse, but I'm still only riding about once every two
weeks.  Good deal for her, as she has someone to ride with, she gets the smooth
horse, and I take the one that can be a bit ornery, she gets both horses rode
for
the price of one!

Actually, Moonfire has always been pretty good for me until today.  The most
she has ever done is go a bit faster than I wanted her to.

Today for some reason, she had a bee in her bonnet.  Every time we started
cantering, she wanted to buck.  And she would bog her head, and buck along for
ways until I could get her stopped.  The first time it happened, I thought I
was mistaken about the bucking, but the second time, her owner said "What the
heck is she DOING?  We were both pretty surprised, as she isn't that kind of
horse.  The third time, we started into a trot, and she just bogged her head
and started to bucking almost right away!

Not more trotting for us!  My girlfriend knows that I've been ordered by my
boss NEVER to lose time for a horse related accident for fear of being fired,
so she was really upset that her good broke horse would be bucking with me, her
good, occasionally breakable friend.

But me, I was pretty proud of myself, because I never lost my seat, never
even had to grab leather.  Just had to brace against her neck with the reins to
get her head up.    Wow, I'm a cowgirl!   jeri

PS:  My mare is pregnant by a Shagya stallion!  I've got the ultrasound
photos to prove it!