Re: [RC] shoing angles - Ag47xAu49

Dang, am I spoiled. My farrier just has the eye. Also, none of my boys are club footed or have any real issues. When you find a good one, take care of him/her. Keep them coming back. Mine actually said he thinks I am going over board with keeping the daughters pony/horse shod as far as length of time between shoeings. It has been about 6 weeks (gotta write this stuff down) since the first time this spring and I was obsessing (his words) about Zeb being too long. Zeb has some arthritis in the left fore due to a right hind sprained ankle that was not treated right away, stupid me. He needs to be kept on a good break over. The way his hoof is structured, he will be a bit toey appearing. When x-rayed last Oct., vet said that Zeb was about as level as anyone could get him. Very balanced on the x-ray. We ended up shoeing last year every 4.5 to 5 weeks, due to the way the 4-H shows hit. I have that schedule in my little blonde head. Yesterday he was VERY cautious when burning the shoes on the hind (clips), and would like more leeway/growth next time. Ya Know, try to give your money away and he just doesn't want to take it.  Beccy in Ut; (Not riding today, New/Used trailer coming this am. Lots of finish work to do but then we will have a weekender/living quarters of our very own.)