[RC] The Really Lost Padres - Vchorsegal

A really big thank you to Duck, Annie & all the gang at the Lost Padres Ride May 21st & 22nd.  Due to circumstances beyond their control, the XP Gang relocated the ride site to where the Eastern Mojave was held.  Surprisingly enough, the temps were a lot cooler than nearby Baker, home of the World's tallest Thermometer, and a generous breeze was a constant at the higher elevation.  There were many wildflowers and everything was incredibly green !  The lunch stop was fabulous, as usual.  Riding into the 27 mile lunch stop & smelling the hot dogs was quite a treat.  Eating them was even better !  The nights cooled down to a beautiful 62* or so, perfect for a snooze under the full moon.  The trails were well marked, and good maps were provided.  To all that helped make this ride a reality- many thanks, as we lost so many rides in our region this year already !  Andreti said he really enjoyed the horse shower after a busy weekend !  Congrats to Sue Simmons on my nearly 19 year old gelding & her third 50 miler- she has only been riding 7 months !  Also to Milan Leone, on her second fifty at only 11 years old !!  We look forward to the next ride there- no matter what you decide to call it !!!  - Heidi Helly & Andreti