[RC] Indoor Arena - Jill VanDamme

I am possible moving to my in-laws farm (yes they are moving) and it was a potato farm. There are a lot of big roomy buildings for parking the trailer, storing hay, making stalls and the best part a huge warehouse that is insulated and able to be heatedand it would be perfect for an indoor arena. The only problem is that the flooring is cement. My question is can I get away from tearing up the floor but putting down a good layer of footing? I wont be using it every day of the year but our Michigan winters can be long and there would be some use in the winter months. However, when I am using it I don't want to be hurting my horses. If any one has any knowledge in this area I would like to hear your opinion or ideas. Thanks.
Happy Trails,
Jill