Re: [RC] The GAHR - Tom Sites

Good Morning Jody,  You have picked out the craziest, wildest and baddest Dude pound for pound on the entire race.  His name is Darrell Neilsen from Utah, and he Loved his kids, but i would suspect he had an Anger Management issue.

The story goes that at the end of the race and he finished in 11th place, just out of the money and he was there for the money, he was at a motel trying to get some sleep and there was a party going on and he came out on his balcony and told the 4 guys to shut up.  They said if he wanted them to shut up to come up and shut them up.....  Well, Darrell climbed up 3 balconys like Spider Man and got into fisticuffs and when things turned aganist him, he pulled a blade.

Darrell went to jail, but the guys shut up.  Look on page 167 and peer into his eyes...  He was not a Forrest Gump.

The second baddest Dude was Roger Justice, and he and i hit it off at the start because we both came from W.Va., and he even carried my stuff for a while because i didn't have a crew.  The story goes...  his brother was electocuted for murder, and Roger killed himself when he ran out of hand gernades and had to use dynamite poaching aligators.  Thats us on page 88.

If Roger and Darrell got into a fair fight i'd pick Roger, but if it was a street fight it would be close.  The GAHR would be the making for a good movie, as it was a continuous real-life melodrama and the sex, violence and adventure would have to be curtailed, because even in todays anything goes society, this adventure would stand apart.

I feel as if i was fortunate to be there, as i witnessed what i consider the end of one era and the start of another ...FEI.
ts