[RC] anti-trailer kicking device - Sherman

An old-timer trainer in our area uses something similar to this....he smiply attaches a length of chain to the strap above the knee, so every time the horse paws, the chain slaps the leg.  He doesn't use the rope over the back, but I can see how this would be useful if you're not there watching the entire time. What if the horse is kicking with it's back legs though?

Kathy

One piece of clotheline about 10 feet long(looped over the=
 horse's back),tied to two dog collars (put on above the=
 knees),two pieces of WIDE leather strap about 10 inches=
 long(going down the shin from the dog collar),and two pieces of=
 scrap 2x4 about 8 inches long(90 degrees from the strap/horse's=
 shin). THWACK! You'll need four wood screws and four rivets.