Re: [RC] prineville-injured riders and horses - Sisu West Ranch

"...do recall the take home message that cranking that girth down extra tight is not good for our equine partners..."

3 of the 7 horses at our place had problems being "chinchy".  Two of them became that way after a few months with trainers who tightened the chincha on western saddles pretty darn tight.  The third came from a ranch here in MT.  He had been a cow horse, and I suspect the cowboys tightened his chincha quite tight.

If a horse is "chinchy" I firmly believe that the tight chincha has hurt him in the past.  I don't think that tack that causes pain is good for a horse.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875