Re: [RC] Kill clover? - Chris Paus

I guess I don't understand what's the problem with clover. other than causing a bad case of the 'slobbers' early in the summer, clover is a pretty good food for horses, in moderation. Of course, those with a tendency toward laminitis ought not to eat it. but it's a legume, rich in calcium. It is a good soil builder.

Why do you want to spread poison around? That has the potential to be much more harmful to the horses than the clover.

chris

Subject: [RC] Kill clover?

It is not in my turnout--well nothing green is,but I have 2 3/4 acres , grass paddocks that front my property and a small area around my house.Having nothing that you would call great soil in the SE I intentionally (the old gardner in me) planted some white clover a couple years ago to "improve" the soil.
 Well after reading some posts, --- I am becooming horrified how mcuh the clover seems to taken over.
  I usually let them access the grass paddocks when it is dry and alternate them .

  I am thinking maybe I should murder the clover ;0)

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus