[RC] what do you do while you wait? - Jen

My horse has a very mild lameness with no heat, no noticible swelling, isn't particularly sensitive to touch.  He is slightly stiff to the right, doesn't like to put weight on his right hind for extended time.  Is taking a slightly shorter stride on that side.  There is also a popping sound coming from his hind-end with every stride at the trot.  He is still cruising around the pasture without encouragement, including picking up his right lead.  And there is no head bob.

I have a few guesses to what is wrong.  I've put the call into the vet and since it is not emergency.  I just have to wait.  She says to continue to turn out, light work, and massage.  I am not doing light work.  But I've continued to turn out because stall rest would kill him.

What do you do while you wait?  It is so nerve wracking.  I am just happy that he still seems happy and comfortable.  Jen

Yahoo! Mail