[RC] best friend grazing muzzle - I tried! - Sherman

I used a grazing muzzle on our POA for about 4 years. It worked pretty good, and she couldn't eat much with it, which is a good thing. She did learn to rub around the ground a pick up acorns with it, giving herself another bout of laminitis. When the muzzle was off at night, she was in her padock & had hay to eat, but with it on, she could be with the herd in the pasture all day. Another horse I keep here for a friend, occassionally uses a muzzle. On her, I put it on for about 8-10 hours, then off the remainder of the day. No, she doesn't really like it, but it's better than being locked up in a paddock.

Kathy