Re: [RC] Being the Herd Leader - Maryanne Gabbani

I dunno. I don't think that my horses think that I'm a horse. But by the time they've been with me for a while they definitely understand things like "No! You MAY NOT eat my damn flowers!" when it's yelled at them. From what I've seen horses learn language. When European horses are imported here, they often go into a bit of a depression and perk up enormously when someone comes around and talks to them in their "native" language. I've seen this myself with some Irish jumpers who landed here and couldn't figure out Arabic for a while.

Mine get spoken to in Arabic and English and do well in both languages. One of my friends corrects her horses in German and praises them in Arabic. Boy, do they ever know the difference.

Maryanne
in the land of multilingual equids