[RC] Not selling short list horses till the WEC - rides2far

the least.  Some members had to travel to other rides also.  Never
mind how > much time off work these people and their crews had to take
(assuming they still
have their jobs).

I want to make it VERY clear. I am not condemning Val or anyone else for
doing the free market thing. I am a capitalist too! :-)) I'm not calling
it unethical because there's absolutely nothing in any rules against it.
All I'm asking is if this were a game and they scored on us, how could we
counter the move...or prepare a defense?It's a GAME. If I did learn one
thing in the International stuff it's that the people in charge think of
it as a TEAM thing. Even though we always make a bigger deal of the
individual win, the people who choose teams etc. are totally focused on
the TEAM thing.

So, if they want to keep their team, seems that the prospective buyers
like to buy horses that are already qualified, have all the training and
are peaking for that event. What if they had such an agreement that if
you nominate you are agreeing not to sell till after the WEC. If the
rider gambles and doesn't nominate hoping for a sale, do they get
noticed? If they are not a threat to the prospective buyer's horses since
they are not going to be on TEAM USA, are they as marketable?  If this
"contract" were adopted, would it cut down on the people nominating? I
don't think so, since most seem to hang onto their horses.

Anybody's got a right to train a horse and market it to whoever they want
and more power to them. Just wondering what we could do to protect our
pool of possible top competitors. If everybody thinks it's a horrible
idea, nevermind. But please don't turn it into a discussion putting down
someone who has already sold...just keep it, "How to keep our best till
the ride". :-)) So...I'm changing the subject line. Will ya'll do the
same?

Angie