[RC] FEI: getting started - Tracy Cann

I was just wondering.  How exactly do you get started in FEI.  I realize this is kind of an "involved" question.  Is there an article in Endurance News somebody could refer me to?  Do you have to be a pretty fast horse/rider team or just solid and consistent.  Funny that I'm asking this after all the "FEI is a pain" posts.  Well, I am an endurance rider so I must enjoy pain.

Tracy