Re: [AERCMembersForum] RE: [RC] 100 mile rides - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

I will not attend a
ride where they confine me to a tiny space to crew, my crew can't meet
me on the trail, I can't feed my horse in the vet line, and non-FEI
riders are treated as "second class citizens".
snip<

I'm confused here.  Many AERC rides have had to disallow crews u,

Well, in the case of Biltmore, there really isn't anywhere *to* crew on the
trail. I've done it about 10 times, most before it was FEI and never saw anyone
crew on the trail...ever.

The FEI people have to weigh in and vets have to find the horses after the ride
so the first year they assigned them parking nearest the vet check. Since most
got there a day early they probably would have been there regardless, but there
was much grumbling. Since the rule was simply that they all had to be  in one
area so the vets could check them easily after the ride as required they have
since moved all the FEI riders to the equivalent of Siberia...at the *far* end
of the field which of course causes them to need to bring everything they own
to the vet check since truck traffic is not allowed back to their trailers
during the ride...so then you're accused of having too much stuff at your
check.  Meanwhile, some to say they're being snobs for parking  out there by
themselves. UG!  Who are "THEY" the horrid FEI riders? The same people you rode
with at the AERC ride last week...
like Karen Clark who finishes top 5 with no crew a mile from her truck and
never looks flustered, leads the country in .

P.S. I'm so impressed that Anne is still managing the ride whle fighting
cancer. You go Anne!

Angie