RE: [RC] To Tie or Not to Tie - Mike Sofen

I would recommend, if you are using baling twine to connect the bungee cord, to place the twine between the halter and the bungee rather than the end attached to the trailer.   The reason is, if the twine does break and the horse is flinging its head around, you won’t have a guided missile smashing into the trailer and you as you attempt to grab him.  The metal end of the bungee cord can exhibit tremendous kinetic energy.

Mike

>>I like using a bungee cord so that if one of the horses does slip then there is some give.  I also use baling twine to attach between the bungee snap and the ring on the trailer so that the string will break if my horse falls.

<<