[RC] More on 100 mile riders - Dreamweaver

Any other interpretations from the group on seeing this?

Only that maybe the 100 mile question on the AERC membership survey should have been a little better thought out.  I've done 12 (I think) 100's in that last 9 year period, some years I did 3 or 4, and others 0, but last year I did 1, I only had the choice of answering the question as "rarely", and if that is the case for most people, or most people did less than "rarely", perhaps the question didn't even need to be asked.

I would like to ride more 100's, but I don't really care to keep repeating the same ones over and over, and there aren't a lot to choose from in my area.  If I am going to travel far, I would prefer to do multidays as I get a lot more satisfaction from completing a 5 day ride on the same horse than I do by riding a 100.  I have a horse ready and would have done the 20 Mule Team 100 in February, except that it is dual sanctioned FEI, and I am not going to do that again.  The AERC can count me one among many members who they push away from doing 100's when they dual sanction the 100 mile rides with FEI.  I'm not arguing, I'm just stating the way it is, and wish somebody who came up with the survey questions could have figured out a way to ask that instead of asking a question that they already knew the answer to.

Karen
in NV