[RC] Trucks & Weather - Peggy B-Smith

For anyone looking for a "smaller" truck to pull trailers - We just got a Nissan Titan - it tows my 3-horse slant like it's not there.
It has a 9500-lb towing capacity. We also have a 96 Ford 1-ton with my Lance camper that is my going-to-endurance rides vehicle, but the Titan is great for towing to the vet, etc.
Of course, you're not going to get the greatest mileage in a 305 horsepower V8!

Someone on Ridecamp (can't remember who) asked about hitches for use with the extended campers. Our Lance is a 9-1/2 foot and we had to put a Titan Class 5 hitch on it. We were lucky that the people we bought the Lance from had the hitch extension - saved us some money on that. We put airbags on our Ford and it works great with our camper-trailer combo.

I hate to even say this with all the rain the rest of California is having, but here in Bear Valley we got the first signficant rain today. It's been like we're in a bubble - every storm except this latest one, has gone totally around us - go figure.
Let's see, I have Fire Mountain and Warner Springs rides to go to - that's when we'll see the rain and snow here!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA