Re: [RC] rain in LA area - Lynn Kinsky

Title: Re: [RC] rain in LA area
In a message dated 1/9/2005 12:31:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4@xxxxxxx writes:
I lost an Ariat clog this morning in the muck!  Its still in there somewhere....couldn't find the dang thing in the deep mud.  I must have looked hysterical especially since I decided to keep feeding with just one clog on that kept trying to get sucked off too (why did I care if I saved that one??).   Luckily my neighbors had the good sense to be inside and not out laughing at me. <g>
Hey Sylvia what are you doing wearing clogs in the mud? LOL I will have you know  the mud can suck off an Ariat Hexal paddock boot fully zipped up faster than you can drop a flake of hay into manure/mud/muck puddle!

I've resort to feeding pellets....though my prissy arab won't eat them...so I'll be slogging the hay wheelbarrow again shortly <sigh>. This time I'll but plastic bags over my feet...not that will make me look any less foolish. I'm renaming my property "A River runs through it."

Mel

It looks to get worse before it gets better:  http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/getprod.php?wfo=lox&sid=lox&pil=afd

Just be glad you don't have a Show Barn neighbor like I do -- she reported me to animal control this week because, among other things, my horses were standing in the mud (actually,  about the only true thing in  the whole complaint)!

--

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/