[RC] Wild Life Sightings - Carol Suggs

I deleted the gals address that was looking for these stories...maybe she will check back in.

While in San Jose at Grant Ranch....pigs...how can you avoid them!  I think we just got so used to seeing pigs there and  to the horses it became no big deal after awhile.

I wish I would have seen this:

While on a packing trip up near Yosemite a few years ago my husband was riding my paint mare.  Several of our group was on the trail ahead of him.  This was a guys trip so I didn't get to go :(

Apparently a rider or two was on the trail ahead of my husband when my mare went to step over a log in the trail and something let out an ungodly high pitched scream.  It was a very small fawn, complete with dots and all and it went right in between the mares two front legs and dashed off.  My husband said that my mare (who normally is a little spooky) jumped off to the side and then continued on down the trail like no problem!

He said it was the weirdest encounter that he has had on the trail and that he didn't know fawns could make such a noise!  (maybe it got stepped on?)

Carol-Mariposa