[RC] Slipping downhills/Rain/mud - wendy mancini

    I was being a bit "funny" with my rain /mud post, although most is quite true.  Learning to maintain a steady pace in the mud is great but also having the sense to walk down slippery hills is how you save your horse for another day.  Slippery uphills can be a real test, too.  Up or down, I have learned from my old horse that he knows the best path.  He doesn't try to go straight up or straight down, instead he zig zags a slippery hill.  He's sure footed in the mud, has never slipped & watches the trail - he's taught me  a lot & now I'm teaching my younger horse to follow in his footsteps.

Wendy Mancini & bits of wisdom from Old Meadow Jim