RE: [RC] [RC] Stirrups for creaky knees - L gin

I use easyrides with my webbers, just get the smaller adjustment bar, or I think I actually cut mine off and got a new shorter bolt. I encased my webbers in merino wool and I did tie a shoelace thru the webber holes at the stirrup base to hold the webber closed and so the stirrup wouldn't turn on it sideways or something.

From: "Mike & Laurie Hilyard" <PFmorabs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Stirrups for creaky knees
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:12:47 -0400

Went to my first ride in three years this weekend, and had an absolutely incredible time - for the first thirteen miles. Then my horse and I parted ways (and I was pleasantly surprised that fat 44 year olds don't really get hurt when they fall off) and somewhere along the way, I lost my webber and stirrup from my battered old Wintec trail. A big THANK YOU to Stacy Cooper and her horse Tequila for hanging around while I tracked down my wayward mount.Even the two miles in to the vet check without stirrups was fun - although some tender parts got rubbed a bit.

At the vet check (we were only doing LD), my husband got a call and I ended up pulling, BUT now I need new stirrups. Does anyone have recommendations for good stirrups that fit on Wintec webbers for a light heavyweight rider with mildly arthritic knees? My eighth anniversary is coming up, so I know what my husband is going to get me instead of roses!

Thanks,

Laurie in Clare and Revvy the incredible leaping horse

PFmorabs@xxxxxxxxx