Re: [RC] Revolution - Age requirements for competition - KimFue

In a message dated 5/9/2005 8:09:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, stephteeter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Kim - I think what you're referring to is that USEF changed the requirements for Nomination for the 2006 WEC. Under the new nomination rules the only requirement is that the horse has to have 200 lifetime miles, no age requirements (other than AERC/FEI  - 60 months old to compete), and no previous 100 mile experience. This, imo, is a mistake and will allow/encourage young horses to be campaigned too hard too soon. This is a decision made by the US, by AERC members sitting on USEF committees - not FEI.

Again - it all comes down to which individuals are on which committees - and this can and does change. I have a lot of respect for your rational view of things, and encourage you to keep at it.
No Steph,
  Please check the USEF nomination form which reads 84 months or 7 years old, at least when I read it on the USEF website a couple weeks ago.    Is this a typo on the USEF nomination form?  I have copies of the 2002 and 2003 WEC/PAC nomination forms and it reads 8 years old/96 months.

Thank you for your kind words.  My purpose for continuing to post on the age requirement and new COC requirement is to push for change.  The 2006 WEC requirement may be written in stone but this trend ( if it is the case) does not need to be in place for future USEF requirements.

Good Luck in Maylasia

Kim Fuess