RE: [RC] Revolution - Age requirements for competition - Steph Teeter

>>-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of KimFue@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 1:07 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Revolution - Age requirements for competition
Well, starting in 2006 every 7 year old that trys or wants to compete at a PAC or WEC or other championship level FEI ride will need to have finished a 100 in 13.20 hours.   >>

This, imo, is a bad new rule. We (the US) have lobbied hard against it,  because it doesn't make sense when applied to our rides, in difficult or mountainous terrain. I'm headed to Malaysia (!!!!!!) next week to ride, and they are also concerned about the new COC rule - it's just about impossible to do a 13:20 ride in the tropics. Kim - I totally agree with you, and this is the first major deviation between AERC and FEI rules that I'm aware of. It only applies to Championship level ride qualifications, but still - it does not make sense to make this blanket rule apply to all rides, in all Nations.

Steph