From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Sullivan
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 11:33 PM
To: Patsy Davis; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Treeless saddles

Hi Patsy,

You might also want to pose this question to the treeless group....

I for one, believe it';s not a good idea...but was able to ride sport saddles,which are semi treeless (have hard pommel and cantle) for a long number of years with no problems I could see.  I did use a skito pad, with split inserts, which may give enough spine clearance for SOME horses.  I have seen some very ugly spine rubs from sport saddles, though.

I have two current horses I will not put sport saddles on; the other mare used them exclusively for 7 years with no problems.

Karen