[RC] Possibly stolen horses - DESERTRYDR1

Could everybody be on the lookout for some possibly stolen mares?  Two are 3
yr olds, Half Arabian/Half Shagya.  The other is an older (I think) PB
Arabian, with a freeze brand.  All three are grey.  The two 3-year olds still
show a
little of their original color, which was chestnut, so they look a bit
pinkish.  One of them had white above the knee and hock, and also a white chin.
The
older mare is entirely white.

They are missing from White Salmon, WA within the last three or four days.
It's been reported to the sheriff, who didn't seem very interested in looking
for tire tracks or other evidence.

The horses were in a remote pasture, and so pinpointing the exact time when
they were stolen would be hard.  Since the 3-yr olds aren't broke to ride, and
the old mare isn't able to be ridden any more, it's likely that they would be
sold for meat.  The Dalles, OR auction was on Friday.  I don't know what
checking has been done with them, but I doubt too many horses go through there.

I am heartsick about this, even though none of them are mine.  One of the
3-yr olds is out of my mare, and I was really proud of her, as she is a VERY
well
put together filly.  I was looking forward to watching her grow up, become a
riding horse, be approved for Shagya breeding, all that stuff.

I don't know all of the details; my son works for the woman who owns the
horses, and called me with a phone card that was almost out of minutes.  The
woman
and her husband were forced to leave right after finding out, as his mother
has cancer, and is not expected to live much longer.  Please keep your eyes
open, and if anyone can suggest any other ways of posting, or getting help, I'd
sure appreciate it.

jeri