[RC] Getting Salve off of Mohair - Gloria Adams

Hi,

The only way I’ve been able to get rid of greasy things on a material like that is to wash it in dishwashing liquid with anti-bacterial properties (ie: like “Dawn”).

I hand wash & hand rub a little dishwashing liquid on the grease until I can’t feel it anymore. Then I either painstakingly by HAND rinse in a bucket with frequent COLD water changes for ½ hr (or until the soap is out – no more bubbles, no more “soapy” feeling).

Or, since my new washing machine has a “Delicates” cycle, I rinse via the Delicate cycle’s “rinse” cycle IN COLD WATER only.

So far I haven’t shrunk anything (mohair, silk) doing that.

HTH