Re: [RC] Californios Lite - Long - SandyDSA

Reading the statement below, I thought, well as a matter of COURTESY and SAFETY, they should ALL have been polite and patient, especially since the LD is NOT A RACE! Even if it were, and even though people are likely at least trying to best their LAST time, their personal needs for...success do not supercede the need for safety. Two seasons ago, we sat for a couple of hours behind MArcia who had gone down at Cal Lite - and those of you who were there remember how devastating that was. I don't know that anyone was behaving in a hurried, unsafe or rude fashion so imagine the safety issues if one was! In any case, frankly it shouldn't matter if it is Tevis or an NC ride - safety is always first priority and if a rider doesn't agree, they need to be DQ'ed. JMHO
we did get caught by some LD riders on that single track trail.
Most were very polite, but they were wanting around!  That part of the trail
was not passable for more than one horse for quite a bit.  They only started
30 minutes behind the 50s, so it was natural they would catch up.  I felt
kind of bad slowing them down, but what can you do when it's not safe to
pass!