[RC] Coontrail Caper I & II - Thanks, Riders! - rdcarrie

On behalf of the ride management staff of the first annual Coontrail Caper I & II ride, I'd like to thank everyone who came out and made our first attempt at ride management such a positive experience.  We were not scared off...we'll be back next year!  :)  We had nearly 200 riders over the two days.  We're working hard on getting the results compiled and submitted to AERC.
We also introduced a new vet (our personal equine vet) to endurance.  Dr. Steve Van Wagner vetted his first ride, and you guys made a great impression on him.  He mentioned that he's used to dealing with clients who may not even realize their horse is lame, much less know which leg, and often want a quick fix.  He was impressed with the degree of care and attention endurance riders have for their equine partners, noting that a rider would present a horse to him and state that they felt it was a little off in the left front, and sure enough, they'd be right.  The test was the question I asked him Sunday afternoon - would he do it again?  His answer: "Sure!"  Thanks, riders, for making the positive impression I knew you would!
We're already discussing ways to make next year's ride even better.  Hope to see you on the trails soon!

Dawn Carrie
Ride Manager