Re: [RC] bitting question - MJWEST02

In a message dated 5/3/2005 6:09:11 PM Central Standard Time, amber@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Just a question here, but what's happened to teaching lateral flexion and the one rein stop?

Amber
I can ride this mare in a Parelli halter and we do the lateral flexion.  I rode her in the halter on my, uh, OUR first trail ride.  However we did not encounter: MUD, WATER or STEEP BANKS.    Since I have been doing more riding on rougher trails  (baby ones to you experienced folk - but we are just learning) I switched to the French Snaffle .    The first ride this year I pulled 3 blisters (forgot my gloves) HOWEVER, if I pulled these blisters...what was happening in her mouth???  ( I shudder to think!)
So suggest to me: HOW do I stop the BARGING up another horses' butt when she says she wants to GO?   BENDING is not always an option when I am teetering on some of these steep trails and mud banks.  I have been holding her back so the other horse is clear, but she is a very strong HORSE, as most horses are.

Thanks - Mary