Re: [RC] Books - Lysane Cree

A little behind in reading ridecamp, but in addition to all the ones already mentioned, one of my favorite books was King of the Wind by Marguerite Henry (and also the other books she wrote about the wild horses of Chincoteague Island - Misty of Chincoteague, Stomy - Misty's Foal, etc..)
I loved reading as a kid because I discovered horse books - I could escape into a dream world where I really did have my own horse. Every birthday I wished for a horse, when we went on family drives, I looked out for all the horses in the fields as we went by and when the neighbor put horses in the field next to my house, I was there everyday after scool. I would pet and hug the young foal in the field and then go home with a full blown allergic reaction - hives, itchy, watery eyes...but the next day I was back in that field again! There was no stopping me, despite my parents warnings about my allergies. Eventually my allergies lessened because I forced my body to adapt :) There must really be a "horse" gene in us because horsey people are just a breed apart from regular folks :)

Lysane