Re: [RC] Childrens books - Faustina Duffy

THE BLACK MINX!!!!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Childrens books

In a message dated 4/28/2005 4:50:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, paus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My own little connection to something cool.
Along the same line... I had a neighbor who was about 5 yrs. old when Walter Farley or his publishers had a contest. Name The Black's filly and win an Arabian horse. My neighbor's sister sent in the winning name, Minx, or something like that, and they won the yearling Arabian gelding. The family lived in Ohio and the older sister eventually gave the gelding to my neighbor who grew up with this horse. When she left home for college in Arizona, the horse went with her. He eventually died from complications of melanomas but she always remembered him as her Black Stallion horse.

Bonnie