Re: [RC] LBL or a good book? - Chris Paus

I've been wanting to go toLBL ever since the Fruths started it and every year something has come up.. usually mares getting ready to foal.  One reason we're going to be foal-less next spring! Well, if you don't go, you can have a nice trip down memory lane with a book or two or three! And it will be dry indoors! And after you get through reading, you can go out and hug your own horse.

chris

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Anybody talked to anybody at LBL today? They've got a ride tomorrow and
one Sat. I'm paid and entered in Sat. and for the first time in my life
just thinking about throwing away the entry. They're calling for severe
thunder storms and 1" of rain tomorrow and more severe thunder storms
tomorrow night and another inch of rain. I've done that ride several
times in the mud and the mud gets as bad as anywhere I've ever been. It
might be worth the cost of the entry to sit snug in my house and meditate
on what I'm missing. >g< Quick, somebody talk me into being a *real*
endurance rider and suffering all weekend.

On the other hand, ya'll definately have me contemplating reading a good
book. By the way, my library had Glen Balch's "Tiger Roan" which I
preferred to Smokey the Cowhorse. I can't remember the specifics but the
stories had a bit in common and seems the ending of Tiger Roan was more
satisfactory to me. Also have "Dark Horse" by Will James. Maybe that's
what led me to Kaboot...admiring a horse that could turn a flip, jump up
with it's rider and still win the race. :-)

P.S. for those hunting kid's books: Windy Foot at the Country Fair (by
Frost)
Sleigh bells for Windy Foot and Maple Sugar for Windy Foot

P.S.S. I think the reason my new horse is just 14 hands was that Little
Black didn't fall through the ice when he had to rescue the kid who fell
through on "Big Red". :-)

Angie

The bigger they are, the farther you fall.